Garbage chutes can be installed in
- Residential, commercial buildings and malls.
- In any duct, common lobbies, landings, staircase mid-landings, utility ducts, dry balconies and kitchens.
- If on floor level, Intake Hoppers shall be at every floor level
- If at mid-landing, Intake Hopper shall be at alternate floor level
Advantages of Garbage Chutes
- Facilitates total building garbage collection at one single point
- Garbage disposal with ease & utmost hygiene
- Reduces Power consumption
- "Dry" & "Wet" garbage separate collection possible
- Widely used all over the world
- Reduces manpower
Salient features of Horizon Chutes
- Manufactured & Installed as per BS 1703:2005, NFPA 82, IS 6924:2001 and NBC 2005.
- Weather proof Stainless Steel construction.
- Sanitation system for internal cleaning of chutes.
- Cleaning operation by control panel in garbage room
- Disinfectants can be sprayed
- Exhaust system to give minimum 20-40 air changes/hr
- Intake Hoppers are 900 minute fire rated as per UL Label 10B
- Auto closing Intake Hoppers
- Discharge end fire door.
- Available in different sizes
Selection of Chute Diameter
|Type of building||Garbage chute dia|
|Hotels / Hospitals||750 mm|
Hopper Size for Std. Chutes
|Chute Diameter||Hopper Size|
|450mm (18")||Type. Size||12" X 15"|
|Max Size||12" X 15"|
|600mm (24")||Type. Size||15" X 18"|
|Max Size||18" X 18"|
|750mm (30")||Type. Size||21" X 21"|
|Max Size||24" X 24"|
|Mfg. as per BS 1703:2005, NFPA 82, IS 6924:2001 and NBC 2005|
Material of Construction
- Stainless Steel SS 430 / SS 304
- Fibre, Plastic chutes are not allowed considering fire hazard, as per S/NFPA Codes.
- Top opening, bottom pivoted hopper for Garbage chute
- 90 minute fire rated as per Underwriters Laboratory (UL) USA
- As per UL Label 10B. Max. Temperature rise of 1210 C in 30 min. (of unexposed surface)
- Fire rating complies with National Building Code 2005, clause 22.214.171.124.
- Removes foul smell and gases generated and Exhaust above roof level
- Installed at roof level, operated by control Panel
Sanitation System - Heart of Chute
- Cleans the chute from inside & maintain hygiene.
- Installed at roof level & Operated by Control panel in the garbage room.
- 1200 solid cone profile discharge sprinklers provided at every intake level.
- Different sprinkler at every level keeping discharge constant irrespective of changing inlet pressure as per building height
- 2 minutes of cleaning cycle every day
- Water and disinfectants are sprayed during cleaning cycle
- Chute shall directly discharge into trolley or compactor.
- Diversion shall not to be allowed
- Discharge end fire cut off door
- Available in plastics / galvanised steel
- Std. capacity: - 240 / 330 / 660 / 770 / 1100 liters.
- Standard response fire sprinklers of 680 C are provided inside the chute